School Operations Update
Return to Normal School Operations Timeline
- I. Beginning Monday, February 15, 2021
- A. Current LES hybrid students will return for 4 days per week for the next 3 weeks as follows:
February 15-18 normal days with February 19 as virtual
February 22-25 normal days with February 26 as virtual
March 1-4 normal days with March 5 as virtual
- B. LMS and LHS students continue hybrid models
- C. All LES, LMS and LHS virtual students continue virtual model
- II. Beginning Monday, March 8, 2021
- A. All LES, LMS and LHS hybrid students return to school for 5 days per week
- B. All LES, LMS and LHS virtual students continue virtual model
Pandemic-EBT Program Information
The link below should answer most questions parents and gaurdians may have regarding the Pandemic-EBT program.
Link to P-EBT Information. (PDF Document).
School COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Each school has developed a protocol list that will be followed by students, staff and visitors. Please review those protocols below carefully.
In addition to those protocols and procedures, please find below a list of additional safety measures we have provided for the
schools. And while we can not 100% guarantee that we can keep any student from getting sick, we have done everything possible to
make the school environment as safe as we can.
- Daily and nightly cleaning will occur in all classes using products that deter COVID-19.
- Installation of all HVAC units with fresh air controls and static cleaning of air intakes has been completed.
- Social distancing at all times in the buildings and buses will be enforced.
- Provision of student masks, disinfectant wipes, student face shields, teacher face shields, sanitizer dispensers, student gloves,
digital no-touch thermometers, social distance signage, "mask when you move" rules and student desk shields or face shields in all classes
as well as similar measures on our buses has been delivered.
Please contact your school if you have any concerns or suggestions.
S.C. DHEC Guidance for School Reponse to COVID-19
Interim COVID-19 guidance for schools: Management of suspect and confirmed COVID-19 cases.
This guidance is intended for schools to plan their response to known or possible cases of COVID-19 as well as known contacts.
This is based on what is currently known about COVID-19 and will be updated as more information and guidance become available.
The entire document is available at the link below:
SCDHEC COVID Repsonse Guidance. (PDF Document Link)
COVID-19 In Schools: Frequently Asked Questions. (PDF Document Link)
Official School News
Please be advised that all official announcements regarding school matters are posted at school
websites and are sent to you through our ALERT system. Any school matters posted through social
media are not official or authorized by the school system and may be incorrect.